Software Developer (Angular/Python) – Full Time
Optamo is looking for a software developer who will take a key role on our team. Our software developer must have knowledge in all stages of software development. You will be working with our CEO and CTO, collaborating on the design and development of the various layers of Optamo’s mission critical family of Decision Support Systems.
As a developer, you would be directly involved in developing web applications including but not limited to database management, creating RESTful APIs and front-end application development. We are looking for someone who can balance designing and creating robust, scalable, and well-tested software, while also being able to actively contribute to customization and customer support of Optamo’s products.
- Optamo HQ at Ben Franklin Tech Ventures, Lehigh University Campus, Bethlehem, PA, USA
- Remote work possible
- Travel < 20% of the time
Web Application Development:
- Design and implementation of the overall web architecture.
- Design and construction of RESTful API.
- Design and Integrate front-end UI with the constructed API, through practical and appealing visual design.
- Maintain quality and ensure responsiveness of applications.
- Ensuring the entire stack is designed and built for speed and scalability.
- Design and implementation of continuous integration and deployment.
- Developing SQL procedures to ensure data integrity and quality.
- Developing database structures and features according to development needs.
- Ensuring the security of client data.
- Understanding and implementation of security and data protection.
- Software testing to ensure correctness, robustness, responsiveness, and efficiency.
- Troubleshoot, debug and upgrade existing applications.
- Maintain code integrity and organization.
- Write technical documentation.
- Excellent communication skills for customer support.
Qualifications and Skills
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, or in other relevant fields required.
- Master’s Degree preferred.
- Not required.
- Two years of relevant job experience preferred.
Required technical qualifications:
- Working understanding of databases.
- Knowledge of SQL language.
- Experience in API design and development.
- Strong knowledge of back-end languages/frameworks — Python Flask/Django.
- Knowledge of web server technologies — IIS, Apache, Nginx.
- Knowledge of task automation scripting languages — UNIX shell, PowerShell.
- Knowledge of data structures, system design, and algorithms.
- Knowledge about implementing testing platforms and unit tests.
- Appreciation for clean and well documented code.
- Excellent communication and teamwork skills.
- Great attention to detail.
- Organizational skills.
- An analytical mind.
- Competitive salary.
- Comprehensive health coverage (includes medical and dental).
- A positive, energetic work environment with opportunities for personal growth
Application must include
- Curriculum Vitae.
- Cover letter detailing experience and qualifications for the job.
- Name, affiliation, email, and phone number of at least three references persons.
How to Apply
- Send complete application to ‘firstname.lastname@example.org’.