Business Analyst – Full Time
Optamo is looking for a Business Analyst who will take a key role on our team mainly focusing on understanding, analyzing, and formalizing business processes of the company’s clients.
As a Business Analyst, you will work with our clients to understand, analyze, and solve critical problems that our clients face. You will develop processes and frameworks to facilitate our development efforts. You will also act as a point of contact to support needs for our clients.
- Optamo HQ at Ben Franklin Tech Ventures, Lehigh University Campus, Bethlehem, PA, USA
- Remote work possible
- Travel < 20% of the time
- Facilitate meetings with Optamo’s clients to determine, analyze, and prioritize their business and system requirements
- Document and formalize costumers’ existing business process, resolve conflicting information about processes and requirements
- Develop process flow-charts
- Document and analyze requirements to determine feasibility and recommend business process improvements where appropriate
- Work with software developers to create functional design and document technical specifications
- Facilitate meetings in support of project teams and customers. Develop meeting agendas, minutes, and subsequent communication documents
- Provide hands-on production support for our products. Identify and research problem trends and work with internal or external subject matter experts to correct and proactively prevent further problems by recommending and/or implementing bug-fixes, application enhancements, customer training, or other measures. Document and facilitate turnover plan to other technology groups as needed
- Communicate regularly with management team members regarding task or project status and opportunities to improve service levels or business processes. Escalate issues as appropriate to ensure quality service levels
- Develop business logic and critical metrics for incorporation into decision support models and tools
- Construct problem statement including problem description and improvement measures
- Logically structure recommendations and supporting data to formulate solid, logical and understandable business cases
- Drill down beyond the problem surface to understand root cause
- Contribute to project planning and effort estimation within scope
- Other tasks and duties as needed to support the team and business
Qualifications and Skills
- Bachelor’s Degree in Industrial Engineering, Management Science, Applied Mathematics, Computer Science, or related analytical fields required.
- Master’s Degree preferred.
- Not required.
- 1-2 years of relevant job experience preferred.
Required technical qualifications:
- Working knowledge in at least one statistical/programming language like R, Python, etc. (Python is preferred)
- Knowledge of Operations Research methodologies and Mathematical Optimization Modeling
- Proficiency in working with relational databases and query authoring (SQL) is a plus
- Knowledge of data analytics methodologies and statistical techniques
- Ability to engage with developers & stakeholder including consumers, project management, upstream, senior management & peer group
- Ability to operate effectively in ambiguous situations
- Ability to thrive in a fast paced, team-oriented environment
- Ability to learn quickly, manage work independently
- Excellent written, oral communication, and interpersonal skills
- Strong organizational and prioritizations skills
- Flexibility to adapt and plan for changing business objectives
- Competitive salary.
- Comprehensive health coverage (includes medical and dental).
- A positive, energetic work environment with opportunities for personal growth
Application must include
- Curriculum Vitae.
- Cover letter detailing experience and qualifications for the job.
- Name, affiliation, email, and phone number of at least three references persons.
How to Apply
- Send complete application to ‘email@example.com’.